If you have seen my Instragram stories recently, you might remember me discovering a waffle maker hidden in my family's house that had never been used before (I know... what a crime!!)
Since the discovery of this fabulous kitchen appliance, I have tried to transform anything and everything into a waffle... and that is how this savory waffle recipe was born.
What I like the most about this recipe is how quick and easy it is to make. I used canned beans to make the process faster, and the rice was left over from the night before.
This waffle is vegan and gluten free, and no oil or flour was used in the recipe.
PS: I added some hot sauce on top when it was done ;]
This recipe makes 1 savory waffle.
- 2/3 cups cannellini beans, mashed with a fork
- 2/3 cups cooked rice, mashed with a fork
- 1/3 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 green onion stalk, chopped
- 1 tbsp flaxmeal
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp nutritional yeast
- salt and black pepper to taste
- Optional: 1 red cabbage
- 1 hass avocado
- 1/4 red bell pepper
- 1 tbsp cashews
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro
- 1 lemon, juiced
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl. Mix them together with a fork and spread it onto the waffle maker.
- Cook for about 12 minutes, or until golden brown and it can be easily removed from the waffle maker. Transfer the waffle to a plate and set it aside.
- Blend all ingredients until smooth. Transfer spread to a small container.
- Add a generous amount of the spread on the waffle and enjoy!!
When you try the recipe, I would love to see a photo! Tag me on Instagram @rawlivingwithbia and let me know below what you thought. ;]
And if you liked it, don't forget to share it with your family and friends.
Thank you for stopping by!