Ok, before you watch this recipe video I need to share:
I am a perfectionist. Yes, I am guilty! And I am one of the worse I have seen, specially when it comes to the content I create for you guys. But recently I have been challenging myself to relaxxx and focus more on creating content even if it isn't exactly how I want it to be.
So when it came to creating this recipe video I let all of that perfectionist insecurities go and just went for it! It isn't perfect, the lighting kinda sucks, the camera isn't the best (its my Iphone!! lol), and I used my ironing board with a table cloth on top as my table... but if I took anything away form this is that we all have to start somewhere in order to grow, right?!
I hope you enjoy the video and I added the written recipe below.
This recipe makes a large amount of salad. I love making it as an appetizer or side dish when I have family or friends over for dinner. If you are making this just for you and your boo (or just for you - thats ok too), then this is a good meal-prep recipe for the week that will last you 1-3 days.
1 cup dry quinoa
1 cup cut asparagus (cut into 1" pieces)
1 cup sliced carrots (you will need about 2 carrots)
2/3 walnuts, chopped
2/3 cranberries, chopped
1/3 fresh parsley, chopped
3 tbsp olive oil
2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
1 tbsp molasses
1 lemon, juiced
salt to taste
Optional: 1 red cabbage
1. Boil 2 cups of water and add the rinsed quinoa. Bring the temperature to medium and cook until all water is gone - about 15 minutes. When done, remove from heat, add lid and let it sit for 5 minutes.
2. Add the cut asparagus and carrots to the oven 400 F for 15 - 20 minutes (TIP: add these veggies to the oven when you add the quinoa to the boiling water and they will be done at the same time).
3. In a large bowl, mix the cooked quinoa, baked carrots and asparagus, walnuts, cranberries and parsley. Set it aside.
4. In a small container, whisk together the olive oil, balsamic vinegar, molasses and lemon juice to make the dressing.
5. Add the dressing to the large bowl with the rest of the ingredients and add salt to taste. Mix everything together and voilà, its done! Taste great both warm or cold.
Optional: Serve the quinoa salad inside red cabbage leaves for an extra va-va-voom! (Watch video above for how-to)
When you try the recipe, I would love to see a photo! Tag me on Instagram @rawlivingwithbia and let me know below what you thought. ;]
And if you liked it, don't forget to share it with your family and friends.
Thank you for stopping by!