Hello everyone!! ;] I hope you are having a wonderful day today!
I wanted to share with you this quick and easy recipe that I have been a bit obsessed with lately. I was inspired by the blogger Gabi Pugliesi to make this. She shared on her Instagram a nonvegan version of these eggplant bites, so I went ahead and veganized it for us - ohh yeahh!
Enjoy the recipe video and full recipe available below.
Want to receive notifications of new plant-based recipes coming out soon? Sign up on the side bar to be a part of my newsletter and to get a free copy of my ebook! →
CHEESY EGGPLANT BITES RECIPE
vegan, gluten free, low-carb
Ready in: 1 hour
- 1 small eggplant
- 3 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 2 tbsp almond flour
- 1.5 tsp dried thyme & 1.5 tsp dried sage
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp flaxseed meal
- 2 slices of Daiya Swiss Style Slices
1. Preheat the oven to 375 F. Mix the flaxseed meal with 5 tbsp of water and let it sit for 5 minutes until
the mixture turns into a thick consistency.
2. Combine the nutritional yeast, almond flour, thyme, sage, black pepper, and salt into a larger
container, mixing well.
3. Slice the eggplant into 1/4” slices. Coat both sides of the eggplant slices with the wet flaxseed meal mix,
followed by the dry ingredients mix. As each slice is coated, place them onto a baking pan.
4. Bake the eggplant for 15 minutes. In the meanwhile, cut your Daiya cheese slices into thin stripes
and keep them refrigerated until used later.
5. Flip the slices and bake them for another 10 minutes.
6. Remove the slices from the oven and top them with the sliced vegan cheese and your garnish of
choice (I used parsley leaves). Bake the slices for a final 5 - 7 minutes, or until cheese is melted.
7. Serve warm fresh out of the oven for a crispier texture. Enjoy ;]
- If you have any leftover of the dry ingredients mix, it can be kept in a closed container, refrigerated
until next use.
- Instead of using eggplant, this recipe also works well with mushrooms, tofu, and cauliflower - yummmm!
PRINT THIS RECIPE:
right click with mouse on the image and select “open image in new tab” -> file -> print
MEET BIA ALVAREZ