This is my first recipe video of a new series of short, 1 minute videos I will be creating to share with you easy, quick, healthy ways to make delicious and nutritious plant-based recipes.
It doesn't matter what diet you are following right now, I think we can all agree that eating more plant-based foods can only be super beneficial! So here is a creamy protein chocolate oatmeal recipe I often eat to start my day ;]
If you enjoy these short recipes, follow me on Instagram and Youtube @rawlivingwithbia since I will be posting all of them there first.
Check out the recipe video below ;]
*Disclaimer: As an Amazon Associates program affiliate, I add links to my recipes ingredients lists with the exact products I am using. You don't pay any extra money for purchasing through my links; however, I do receive I small commission. This allows me to continue creating good recipe content for you guys. Thank you for the support! (Bia Alvarez is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com)
- Adding the ripe banana while cooking the oats makes the recipe sweeter without having to add a lot of extra sweetener. It also adds an extra level of creaminess.
- I choose to use stevia in the recipe but feel free to use your choice of sweetener, such as maple syrup, agave, coconut palm nectar, coconut sugar, ...
- I have the recipe on how to sprout your buckwheat in my free recipe ebook you can get here. If you do not have the buckwheat sprouted, you can just omit it or substitute for another seed/nut (my favorite are pumpkin seeds).
- If you are looking for extra protein, add a tbsp of spirulina to the recipe.
- The maca and cacao powder will give you a great energy boost!
- 1/3 cup gluten-free oats
- 2/3 cup water
- 1/2 ripe banana, sliced
- 1 tbsp hemp protein
- 1 tbsp cacao powder
- 1 tsp maca powder
- Stevia drops to taste
- +/- 1/2 cup almond milk (homemade almond milk recipe here)
- 1/2 mango, cubed
- 2 large strawberries, sliced
- 1 tbsp sliced almonds
- 1 tbsp sprouted buckwheat
- Bring the water to a boil. Add the oats and bring the heat down to medium. Cook for 5 minutes.
- Stir in the sliced bananas and cook for another 5 minutes.
- Turn off the heat but keep the pan on the burner. Add the hemp protein, cacao powder, maca powder, stevia, and almond milk, stirring well until creamy.
- Transfer the oatmeal to a bowl and top with mango, strawberries, almond slices and sprouted buckwheat. Enjoy!
I hope you enjoy the recipe! Thank you so much for stopping by.
Do you have any recipe requests? Please share below ;]